- 5 to 10 minutes
- Box filled with as many kinds of paper as you can find, such as magazine pages, wax paper, telephone books, tissue paper, junk mail, catalogues, wrapping paper
This activity will delight and excite your toddler and is well worth the mess. Open the box filled with papers and set it down, taking your cues from your toddler as you play together with it.
- Show your toddler how to rip paper.
- Crinkle the papers into balls to toss about the room.
- Spread the papers out and walk across the pieces carefully.
- Tear a hole and place a paper on your head for a floppy hat.
- Use a hole to play peekaboo together.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.