- 5 to 10 minutes
- Your young child is learning about gravity from trial and error. This activity challenges those emerging concepts with unexpected variations. Blow up a few balloons and tie them off.
- Rub each one on a wool carpet, sweater, or fur until enough electricity is generated so that when they are placed on the wall, they stick like magic. Note: dispose of all broken balloons immediately, as they pose a serious choke hazard.
- When the balloon is electrified, it can be used to attract and lift your hair.
- Blow up balloons of different colors and stick them to the wall in similar groupings.
- Inflate them so that some are larger and sort onto the wall by size.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.