With or Without Ice
- 10 to 15 minutes
- If your child wonders why the drink disappeared so fast, this activity will provide the answer and demonstrate the lost value of a drink that is filled with ice. Fill a glass with ice and pour in water until it is full.
- Empty the water into a measuring cup.
- Take the ice out and fill the same glass.
- Repeat the measuring.
- Discuss which would be the best value if purchased.
- Repeat the experiment with varying amounts of ice.
- Save paper cups from purchased beverages and measure the contents before and after ice is added to see how much you actually got.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.