- Board measuring about 8 inches wide by 6 feet long
- Magazines or books
- Place a board across two piles of magazines or books (books will be less slippery than glossy magazines).
- Have your child practice keeping her balance by walking across the board.
- As your child grows more steady, you can place one end on a chair and she can walk up it, or place it across two chairs as she grows even more bold.
- Remember: The higher you build the balance beam, the more supervision your child will need.
More on: Early Learning Activities
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.