- 4-by-6-inch scraps of material
- Needle and thread
- Dried beans
- Ziploc bag
The Ziploc bag protects the beans even if the bag gets wet.
- Fill a small Ziploc bag with dried beans.
- Sew two squares of material together on three sides, leaving a space on the fourth side big enough to slide in the bag of beans.
- Turn the bag inside out to hide the seams, insert the bag of beans, then sew up the space. (If you don't have time to sew a bean bag, pour beans into an old sock, knot the open end, and turn down the cuff.)
- Use the bean bag to play catch, or have your child toss the bag into an empty laundry basket from a few feet away.
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.