Make a Pinwheel
- Plain or construction paper
- Crayons, markers, glitter, stickers, and other decorative items
- Paper fastener
- Cardboard cut into a small circle
- Straw, wooden dowel, or unsharpened pencil
- Have your child decorate a square piece of paper with crayons, markers, paint, glitter, stickers, and so on.
- Mark the center of the square and cut from each corner into the center, stopping one inch from the center.
- Fold every other point into the center and tape; make sure the decorated side of the paper is on the outside.
- Push a paper fastener through a small circular piece of cardboard, then through the center of the pinwheel.
- Fasten around a straw, wooden dowel, or unsharpened pencil.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.