In the Slot
- 10 to 15 minutes
- Poker chips
- Empty coffee can with plastic lid
- Scissors or knife
- This activity challenges emerging fine motor skills and requires that your child sit still and work patiently. Cut a 2 by 1/4-inch slot in the plastic lid and put it back on the container.
- Show your child that the plastic poker chips can be dropped through the slot in the container.
- When all the chips are inside, help your child take off the lid, dump them out, and begin again.
- Ask your child to shake the can as hard as he can, making a "big" noise.
- Have your child arrange the poker chips around the base of the can in a circle.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.