- 5 to 10 minutes
- Large laundry basket
- Plastic sandwich bags or old socks
- Package of dry beans
- Physical games encourage decision making about when and how to move the body. Tossing objects at a target can give your toddler both pleasure and confidence. Make beanbags to toss by filling plastic sandwich bags (doubled, and sealed with plastic tape) or old socks tied off at the end.
- Store the bags out of reach when finished.
- Sit across from your toddler with your legs wide open and toss the beanbag back and forth into each other's laps.
- For an easier beginning game, stand over the basket and drop them in.
- Take turns tossing the beanbags into the laundry basket. Help your toddler lift the basket and empty out the beanbags.
- Put your toddler into the laundry basket and toss the bags into her lap.
- Sit across from each other and toss the bags gently back and forth.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.