- 15 to 30 minutes
- Needle and thread
- 4 to 6 jingle bells
- Your toddler will love to move when motivated by the sound of a jingle bell. Sew 2 or 3 bells onto a strip of elastic that will fit comfortably around each ankle.
- Stand back and watch the fun begin while your toddler experiments with the sounds and moves about and up and down.
- Store the bells out of reach.
- Examine with each use to make sure they cannot come off.
- Add music to speed things up and slow them down.
- Go outdoors where the play can become more vigorous.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood or to the market.
- Challenge your toddler to be noisy and then quiet.
- Put the bells on a favorite stuffed animal.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.