- 10 to 15 minutes
- Several small plastic bowls
- Small colored objects, or colored table blocks
Learning to sort colors takes time, but this is a good way to begin practicing decision making. Put the plastic bowls on the table and assist with sorting a few of the colored objects by size or color into the bowls.
- Talk about the colors as you sort, using their names.
- Work together to sort all of one color for you, and all of another color for your child.
- Turn the bowls upside down and ask your child which color is under each.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.