Size Them Up
- 5 to 10 minutes
- Small empty boxes wrapped in newspaper
- Extra newspaper
- Put varying amounts of folded and densely packed newspaper inside the boxes and then wrap the boxes in newspaper so they look similar.
- Challenge your child to sort them from lightest to heaviest.
- Arrange the boxes from largest to smallest, helping your child to focus on size instead of weight.
- Fill the boxes with favorite toys and let your child open them as presents.
- Talk about a big gift for a big person and a small gift for a small person.
- Give the little box to a doll or stuffed animal and the big one to another family member.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.