- 5 to 10 minutes
- Variety of lightweight scarves of different colors and patterns
- As you sit on the floor together, throw a scarf into the air and catch it in your arms as it floats back down.
- Throw another scarf and tell your baby to hold out her arms so that it falls there.
- Continue playing with both of you catching scarves.
- Wad the scarves into balls and throw them playfully at your baby.
- Put one scarf over your head and another over your baby's.
- Put one scarf over your head and let your baby pull it off.
- Put on some jazzy music and keep the scarves moving.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.