- 15 to 20 minutes
- Large blanket or towel
Your toddler will enjoy feeling the pull of gravity from the middle of a large blanket that you drag slowly around the floor. Talk about what you are doing and how it feels as you go.
- Take this activity outdoors.
- Go fast and then slow, using those words to talk about what you are doing.
- Ask your toddler to tell you when to go fast and when to stop.
- As trust is built, and if your toddler seems ready, 2 adults can toss her gently into the air a few times.
- Put a favorite doll or stuffed animal in the blanket and give it a ride.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.