- 5 to 10 minutes
- Two chairs
- Pretend play can begin during the toddler stage if you lead the way. Place the chairs side by side and pretend you are the taxi driver.
- Ask your toddler where to go, giving suggestions, if needed.
- Talk about all the things you pretend to see along the way and talk about what you will do when you get there.
- Let your toddler drive and pick where you will go.
- Use a plate (preferably plastic or paper for lightness) for a steering wheel.
- Add a chair behind and throw toys and other belongings in the back seat.
- Put chairs in a line so you can drive a train.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.