- 5 to 10 minutes
- Vegetables such as carrots or potatoes
- Scrub brush
- Scoot your child up to the sink on a chair or step stool and demonstrate how to use the brush to clean the vegetables.
- Talk about how vegetables grow and why we wash them.
- Cook, clean, and eat vegetables together.
- Visit a garden or grow some root vegetables (carrots or radishes are quick and easy) that can be pulled out of the ground, dirt and all.
- Take a few vegetables into the bathtub for cleaning during bath time.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.