- 10 minutes
- 5 pairs of distinctively different socks
This is a good way to play for a few minutes while you are folding the laundry. Put the socks in front of your child and work together to find the matching pairs.
- Use socks that are still warm out of the dryer.
- Roll each pair into a ball and bat it back and forth.
- Encourage your child to take the balls apart.
- Put them back together and let your child put them into the drawers where they belong.
- Compare the sock size of each family member by lining them up and talking about what you see.
- Have your child sort the matched pairs according to color.
- Use large clothespins to clip the pairs together.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.