Teach your child about money with this fun and easy Spare Change game.
- 15 to 20 minutes
- Pennies, nickels and dimes
- Pair of dice
- By using spare change, you can foster money awareness as well as concentration. Take turns rolling one die.
- With each roll, a player collects the number of pennies that they rolled on the die.
- As 5 pennies are collected, the player can turn them in for a nickel. Nickels are turned into dimes, etc.
- The player reaching a predetermined amount first wins.
- With an older child, increase the total amount needed to win.
- Add quarters and dollar bills to the mix.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.