Pie Plate Tambourine
- Aluminum pie plate
- Hammer and nail
- 6 to 8 flattened bottle caps
- Using a hammer and nail, an adult should make six to eight holes around the edge of an aluminum pie plate, and one hole in the center of the same number of flattened bottle caps.
- Let your child pull a piece of string through each bottle cap and thread it through a hole in the pie plate.
- Tie a knot tight enough to hold the bottle cap in place, but allow enough slack so that the cap can move freely and hit the pie plate when shaken.
- Attach each cap in this way; shake to play.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.