- 15 to 20 minutes
- Variety of hand-sized sponges
- Bucket of water
- Draw a target on outdoor pavement.
- Soak the sponges in the bucket of water and toss them into the center of the target.
- Play until the bull's-eye is erased.
- Draw the target on a wall for a different throwing experience.
- Alternate turns for 2 throws, letting the child keep track of who is up next.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.