- 20 to 30 minutes
- Scooters, bikes, and other vehicles
Draw an obstacle course to ride through and around.
- With more than one child, have participants begin together at one line and finish together at another, emphasizing control of speed and cooperation.
- Use cones or other objects instead of chalk lines.
- Start in small groups at opposite ends of the course and ride past each other slowly without touching or bumping.
- Assign a safe stopping place and have each child take a turn riding around the area and return to a spot to get off for the next person's turn.
- Be a traffic director and have them follow your arm movements.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.