Adopt a Tree
- 20 to 30 minutes
- Tape measurer
- Find a tree that you both think is special and adopt it.
- Explore it by touch. Measure its circumference.
- Research its variety and particular needs for optimal growth, and devote some regular time to caring for it.
- Select a name for your tree and make a small name plaque to post at its foot.
- Start a seasonal diary to record your visits and observations of seasonal changes that occur.
- Make it a point to hug your tree together each time you visit.
- Take pictures of your tree at various seasonal intervals.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.