My Special Tree
- 20 to 30 minutes
- Garden tools
- A new tree sapling
- This is a nice project to do with a loved one, for it can be revisited and appreciated for years to come. Pick the planting site; perhaps somewhere visible from the house so your child can easily see the tree's growth.
- Dig the hole, adding nutrients if desired, and examine the root ball to make sure the hole is big enough.
- Pack the soil around the root ball, and you have a living monument.
- Check out a library book or search the internet for information about how trees clean the air we breathe.
- Learn about different kinds of trees and how they change with the seasons.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.