Dirt and Mud Play
- 15 to 30 minutes
- Patch of dirt
- Spoon or small trowel
- Small stick
- Strip your toddler down to a diaper or put on a swimsuit, and work together in the shade by playing with mud.
- Once you locate a small patch of bare dirt, begin digging, using the trowel, spoon, or stick.
- Add a small amount of water and model mixing it together with the hands. This activity is a guaranteed winner.
- Add a plastic cup or carton to spoon dirt and mud into.
- Add plastic little people or animals.
- Add a little coarse sand so the texture changes.
- Add small broken twigs and hand-sized rocks.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.