- 10 to 15 minutes
- Stand in the full sun and have your child strike a pose.
- Quickly trace the shadow with chalk.
- Strike different poses.
- Return to the same place several hours later and repeat. Talk about what happened to the shadows.
- Color in features and clothing.
- Throw water on the pictures to erase them and begin again.
- Trace the shadows of other objects.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.