- 20 to 30 minutes
- Rubber bands
- Indulge in this curiosity-filled activity by stretching a balloon over a flashlight and fastening it tight with a rubber band.
- Shine it on a wall or ceiling in a dark room.
- By adding different balloon filters, you can make a variety of secondary colors. Try combining red and yellow or blue and yellow.
- If you have several flashlights, you can shine the colors on the wall and do the color mixing there.
- Use 3 flashlights and 3 different colored balloons. Hold them inside a paper grocery bag with holes cut in the bottom. Aim the holes at the ceiling and move the flashlights inside to create a rainbowlike dance of light and color.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.