People, Places, and Things
- Go around your house and find the origins of various objects.
- Look at the labels of the clothes you wear and think of where your food was grown.
- Why do bananas come from Central America? Why does the milk come from the local dairy? Maybe your climate is too cold for bananas, and the milk is too perishable to travel far.
- Talk about where your ancestors came from, and use a map to find the countries.
- Use a map to show your child where family and friends live now.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.