- Precut wood shape
- Clear acrylic spray
- Spring-style clothespin
- Acrylic paints
- Magnetic strip
- Permanent black marker
- Glue gun
- Buy an appropriate precut wood shape (for example, an apple shape for a teacher) from a craft store.
- Have your child paint the shape with acrylic paints and let it dry completely.
- Add words with a permanent black marker.
- Finish the shape with clear acrylic spray.
- Attach a clothespin to the front of the shape and a magnetic strip to the back with a glue gun.
- The message clip will adhere to any metal surface and can hold messages, recipes, to-do lists, photos, and more.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.