Heart-shaped soap is easy to make and is a nice gift for teachers, friends, and family members.
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters, baking sheet, and tape (or foil liners and miniature muffin pan)
- 1 1/2 cups pure soap flakes or grated bar soap
- 1/2 cup water
- Red food coloring
- Cellophane and red or pink ribbon
- Place several heart-shaped cookie cutters on the baking sheet and crisscross 2 strips of tape over each cookie cutter to attach it firmly to the baking sheet. Or if you like, use foil liners in a miniature muffin pan to make little round soaps rather than heart-shaped ones.
- Have your child mix the soap and water.
- Add enough red food coloring to get the color you want.
- Pour the soap into the molds using a funnel.
- Let the soaps harden before you remove them from the molds.
- Wrap the soaps in cellophane and tie them with red or pink ribbons.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.