Halloween Block Messages
These block messages will look perfect in a window or on a shelf decorated for Halloween. Make several sets to give to your friends and family for a Halloween treat.
You might want to present your Halloween message blocks in a cardboard box painted orange and stamped with Halloween stamps. The box can be reused on Halloween night to hold candy treats. Consider making a trick-or-treat bag and placing the blocks inside as a gift for a family with kids.
Time frame: Two to three hours plus overnight to dry
What you need:
- 18 unfinished miniature wooden blocks (Approximately 1-inch blocks work well.)
- Orange spray paint
- Black craft paint
- Fine-tipped paintbrush
- Clear acrylic finish spray
- Cover a work area in the garage or outside with newspapers. Place the blocks on the newspapers and spray paint orange the three sides that are showing. Allow this to dry. Turn the blocks over and spray paint the remaining side. Allow it to dry.
- Using the black paint and a fine-tipped paintbrush, paint the letters spelling “Happy Halloween” and “Boo!” – one letter on each block. Allow this to dry.
- Spray the blocks with clear acrylic finish and allow them to dry overnight.
More on: Halloween Fun and Activities
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Great Gifts © 2001 by Marilee LeBon. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's web site or call 1-800-253-6476.