Egg Carton Menorah
- Empty egg carton
- Glue, tape, or stapler
- Blue and yellow tempera paint
- Divide an egg carton in half lengthwise to make two strips of six sections each.
- Cut three sections from one strip and glue, tape, or staple to the other strip so that you have one strip with nine sections.
- Paint the nine-section strip blue.
- Make candles by dipping nine Q-Tips into yellow paint.
- Poke one through the top of each section.
Older children may enjoy using birthday candles in place of Q-Tips. If you decide to actually light the birthday candles, be sure to supervise carefully. If you find the candles a little loose, secure them by wrapping playdough around the base of the candle where it pokes through the egg carton.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.