Box of Wooden Tulips
Give your friends a box of flowers that they won't have to take care of. These country wooden tulips make great spring or Easter gifts.
Time frame: Two to three hours plus overnight to dry
Level: Moderately easy
What you need:
- Wooden tulips (approximately three X two inches)
- Pink, yellow, mint green, white, and forest green craft paints
- Wooden dowels
- Clear acrylic finish spray
- Drill with drill bit that matches the size of the end of the dowels
- Glue gun
- Unfinished wooden vase in a spring shape (butterfly, bunny, Easter egg)
- Flower arrangement foam block
- One bunch of dried baby's breath
- Spanish moss
- Paint one tulip pink, one mint green, and one yellow. Paint each dowel forest green and allow it to dry. Spray each piece with clear acrylic finish spray and allow everything to dry.
- Drill a hole in the bottom of each tulip. Squeeze glue into the holes and twist in the dowels.
- Paint the vase with white craft paint and allow it to dry. Paint a green border around the edges of the box as shown. Spray with clear acrylic spray and allow it to dry overnight.
- Glue a block of flower arrangement foam into the vase. Add the tulips and arrange baby's breath in between them. Cover the top of the vase with Spanish moss.
More on: Crafts for Kids
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Great Gifts © 2001 by Marilee LeBon. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's web site or call 1-800-253-6476.