Help restore the spirits of a recuperating friend by making this special box of dreams. Tickets to a future event or planned trip will give him or her something to look forward to.
You'll want to customize the gift certificate for a special event or trip to the tastes of the recipient. Some suggestions for certificates include tickets to the symphony, ballet, or theatre; tickets to a sporting event; tickets to a rock concert; plane tickets to a special location; restaurant reservations; or a planned camping or fishing trip.
Time frame: Half to one hour
What you need:
- Silver or gold wrapping paper
- Small box (a jewelry gift box works well)
- White glue
- Glitter (in a contrasting color to the paper)
- Small piece of tissue paper for liner
- Gift certificate or event tickets
- Piece of poster board or paper cut to the size of the box
- Fine-tipped marker
- Cut two pieces of silver or gold paper approximately 11⁄2 times the size of the box. Place the box bottom on top of the wrong side of the paper, and pull the ends up around the box.
- Fold the ends in like you would when wrapping a present, and glue them to the inside of the box bottom. Allow this to dry.
- Repeat step one with the box top. Write the word “Dreams …” on the top of the box with white glue. Shake a thick layer of glitter over the word and allow it to dry. Shake off the excess glitter.
- Place a piece of tissue paper in the bottom of the box. Shake some confetti into the box, and add a certificate or tickets to a future event or trip. Using the marker, write the words “… come true!” on the poster board or paper, and place it on top of the tickets or certificates.
More on: Crafts for Kids
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Great Gifts © 2001 by Marilee LeBon. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's web site or call 1-800-253-6476.