Bicycle Tire Repair
- Tire repair kit
- Bowl or pail of water
If you have punctured the inner tube of your bicycle, you can easily repair it yourself.
- Buy a bicycle tube patch kit from a bicycle or hardware store. It contains adhesive, assorted patches, sandpaper, and instructions.
- Remove the inner tube by prying one edge of the rubber tire off the rim.
- To find the hole, pump some air into the tube and dip it into a bowl of water. You will see bubbles coming from the hole.
- Dry and clean the area around the hole.
- Carefully follow the instructions in the kit.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.