Kwanzaa Pasta Necklace
This necklace in traditional African and Kwanzaa colors is an easy art project for a toddler.Materials
- Ziti noodles
- Red, green, and black tempera paint
- Clear acrylic spray (optional)
- Shoelaces, ribbon, yarn, or thin elastic cord
- Paint ziti noodles with red, green, and black tempera paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Spray with clear acrylic spray if you like. (Alternatively, you could use spray paint or dye the noodles using the Pasta Dye recipe.)
- Give your child a shoelace (or a piece of ribbon, yarn, or thin elastic cord) with a piece of masking tape wrapped around one end.
- Show him how to thread it through the noodles to make a colorful Kwanzaa necklace.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright © 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.