Teach your toddler to build a Kwanzaa chain made of colored construction paper, and use it to decorate the hall.Materials
- Red, green, and black construction paper
- Glue or paste
- Cut strips of red, green, and black construction paper 3-4 inches long and 1/2-1 inch wide.
- Have your child form a circle with one strip, gluing the ends together.
- Take the next strip and loop it through the first circle, again gluing the ends together.
- Tell him to continue looping and gluing until the chain is the length he wants.
- Use to decorate doorways, walls, and so on.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.