Kwanzaa Stone-Fleck Votive
All it takes is a little kumba to make this stone fleck votive light for one of the nights of Kwanzaa gift giving.
Time frame: One to two hours plus overnight to dry
What you need:
- Mason jar
- Can of spray stone/fleck paint
- Red, green, and black ribbons or yarn
- Glass votive holder and candle
- Spray the first jar with a light layer of stone fleck spray in your color of choice. Allow it to dry. Spray a second layer on the jar and allow it to dry overnight.
- Wrap the ribbon or yarn around the neck of the jar and tie a bow.
- Place the votive light in the opening of the Mason jar.
Whenever you work with special-effect paint sprays, be sure your surface is clean and free of any dust or oils. Always spray the object with a light coat first and add coats as needed. Keep the sprayer from getting clogged by turning the can upside down and spraying a small amount of paint to clear the cap. (Make sure it doesn't get in your eyes!)
More on: Kwanzaa
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Great Gifts © 2001 by Marilee LeBon. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's web site or call 1-800-253-6476.