Activity for an individual child
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 30 minutes
- Index cards
- Colored construction paper
- White craft glue
Lotto games enhance your child's memory and problem-solving skills. You can adapt this game for shape, letter, or number recognition as well.
- Make two lotto cards for each color by cutting an index card in half crosswise.
- Cut pieces of colored construction paper to fit the halves of each card.
- Have your child help glue the paper on the cards. Each card should have a colored side and a blank side.
- Mix the cards up and then arrange them in rows colored side down.
- Your child is to flip over two cards and try to find a match. When she does, she can remove the cards from the layout. If she does not make a match, she is to turn the cards back over and try again. Do not worry about strictly following the rules. Your child may need to turn over more than two cards or even keep them facing up.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.