Does Not Belong
Activity for an individual child
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 15 minutes
- Light-colored construction or bond paper
- Markers or crayons
This activity teaches visual discrimination in the same way as the well-known Sesame Street song, "One of These Things Is Not Like the Other." You can make many game pieces in varying degrees of complication.
- Using the ruler, draw lines to divide each sheet of paper into four equal sections.
- Draw or color identical shapes or pictures in three of the sections. Choose a different square on each sheet to leave blank.
- Draw an item that is different from the others in the fourth square. For example, you may have three squares and one triangle, three red dots and one blue dot, or three dogs and a cat.
- Ask your child to identify the object that is different.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.