- Stuffed animals
- White clothes for uniforms
- Medicine measuring spoon
- Sling (cloth diaper or other material folded into a triangle)
- Using friends, stuffed animals, or cooperative parents for patients, help your child set up a hospital or doctor's office.
- Lay pillows and blankets in a corner of the room.
- Give the "nurse" or "doctor" white clothing for his uniform. Show him how to take temperatures with a thermometer, bandage arms and legs, and give medicine.
- Make a sling from a flat cloth diaper or other piece of material folded into a triangle.
- Take turns playing the doctor, nurse, patient, and visitor.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.