- Tape recorder
- Blank cassette tape
- Go around your house, yard, school, and neighborhood listening for interesting sounds.
- Tape sounds, leaving about ten seconds of blank tape between sounds.
- Make sure you make a list on paper of the sounds in order.
- You should also say a number on the tape before each sound.
- Once the tape is finished, let friends and family take the sound quiz.
- Keep a record of how many correct answers each person gets and announce the winner after everyone has taken the quiz.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.