How to Make Shakers
- Plastic medicine bottles in various sizes, soap bottles, small pop-top juice cans, or small aluminum pie or tart pans
- Popcorn, rice, dried beans, pennies, and other noise-making items
- Glue gun or tape
- Collect an assortment of variously sized plastic medicine bottles, soap bottles, small juice cans, or small aluminum pie or tart pans.
- Partially fill each container with anything that creates noise: popcorn, rice, dried beans, pennies, and so on.
- Use a variety of items, as each makes a different sound. If the container has a lid, or if using aluminum pie pans, secure them with glue from a hot glue gun.
- If the container doesn't have a lid, tape it shut.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.