- 15 to 20 minutes
- A box of large paper clips
- Package of 3 x 5-inch index cards
This is a fun way to learn about numbers while making discriminating choices. Write the numerals 1 through 10 on individual 3 x 5-inch cards and assist your child with deciding how many paper clips should be attached to each card to correspond to that numeral.
- Draw the corresponding number of dots under the numeral on each card.
- Have your child pick the card that represents his age.
- Place a miniature marshmallow on each dot and eat them as they are counted.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.