- One paper bag per player
- One list of natural objects to collect per player
- Give each player a paper bag and a list of natural objects (a bird's feather, a leaf, a smooth rock, a pine cone, a wildflower, and so on) to collect.
- You can give the same list to all the players or have each player look for a different group of objects.
- Challenge the players to find all the objects on their lists. Set a time limit: perhaps twenty minutes to find ten objects.
- The first player to find all the items on his list is the winner.
- A child may play this game alone or with others. For a group of children, pair up nonreaders with readers.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.