Activity for an individual child
Age group: 18-40 months
Duration of activity: 20 minutes
- 2 toilet paper tubes
- 4 large rubber bands
- 2 squares clear plastic wrap or tinted cellophane
- Star-shaped stickers (optional)
Although these "binoculars" do not work, you may find that they encourage your child to be observant and interested in the night sky. Because rubber bands can be a choking hazard, be sure to supervise your child when making this craft or playing with the finished product.
- Use a rubber band to secure a square of plastic wrap or cellophane over one end of each toilet paper tube.
- Attach the two rolls together side by side with the remaining rubber bands.
- Give your child crayons and stickers to decorate the binoculars.
- Go outside on a clear night, and use the binoculars to look at the moon and the stars. If you have real binoculars or a telescope, be sure to bring that along, too.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.