- 1 hour
- Wax paper
- An iron
- This is a good activity for walking and talking together as you collect some seasonal leaves. Arrange the collected leaves attractively on a piece of wax paper.
- Cover with another piece of wax paper to form a sandwich.
- Fold a towel around the sandwich and move it to an ironing board.
- Iron the towel on medium heat until the wax paper underneath has fused together around the leaves.
- Add small torn pieces of colored gift or tissue paper.
- Frame and give as colorful gifts.
- Add a squirt of cologne or other scent before fusing and talk about the smell.
- Sprinkle with glitter before heating.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.