- Pen or pencil
- Bird book (optional)
- Take a nature walk with your child.
- Try to notice as many different types of trees, bugs, and birds as you can.
- Keep a list of what you see.
- If you like, bring colored pencils and let your child draw the things she observes.
- If you can?t identify a bug, tree, or bird, or if your child asks questions you can't answer, write down the item's description and your child's questions to look up on your next trip to the library.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.