- 1 to 2 hours, plus maintenance
- Gardening tools
- Packaged seeds
- Let your child select a designated number of seed packets after you have sketched out a rough layout of the garden together.
- Check the packet for growing information before making a final selection.
- Plant each seed packet as directed, mounting the seed packets on sticks in each garden area so you can both identify and compare seedlings as they sprout.
- Have your child chart which plants are easier to grow.
- Have your child sketch out a garden for next year based on what has been learned.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.