Mining for Gold
- Small rocks
- Gold or silver spray paint
- Spray some small rocks with gold or silver spray paint to resemble gold or silver nuggets.
- Bury the nuggets in the dirt in your yard or sandbox, give your child a shovel, and have her dig for buried treasure.
- Give younger children some directions, like cold or hot, so they don't get too frustrated.
- Give older children a treasure map to follow.
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.