It Felt Like...
- 10 to 20 minutes
- Your child's favorite book
- You can take a favorite story a step further after you read it by asking the child what a particular character felt like at some point in the story.
- Help to extend vocabulary as your child searches for ways to explain feelings.
- Make a list of words together that describe what a character felt.
- Ask the child if there is another way the story could have ended.
- Ask if there is another way a character could have acted.
- Ask the child how they feel about a particular part of a story.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.