Postpartum Food Preparation: Practical Matters
Set up your kitchen for the greatest possible ease and convenience. In the past, this may have meant having plenty of frozen pizzas and Lean Cuisine meals and a working microwave, but to make the shift to a whole-foods diet, you need a few other gadgets, including the following:
- A blender.
- A small coffee bean or seed grinder.
- A food processor.
- A rice cooker.
- A salad spinner.
- A slow cooker (Crock-Pot).
- Freezer bags, small and large varieties.
- Glass canning jars (Mason jars).
- Reusable plastic storage containers (Tupperware or similar brands).
More on: Adjusting to New Motherhood
From A Natural Guide to Pregnancy and Postpartum Health by Dean Raffelock, Robert Rountree, and Virginia Hopkins with Melissa Block. Copyright © 2002 by Dr. Dean Raffelock. Used by arrangement with Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.